At LessonUp, our daily driver is our mission. We want to help teachers to create the best and most engaging lessons possible, to keep their students involved. Our goal is to help out as much as 1 million teachers worldwide, and to improve education by doing so. For this, we've created our easy to use platform where teachers can make interactive, present-day classes to share with their students. Together, teachers and team LessonUp created thousands of lessons, video’s, images and assignments to work with. And the cool part: this can be used in-class or remote! An easy and fun way to teach - just like it should be.
The amount of users is growing - we’ve reached 200k users some time ago - and go beyond borders. Our COO Daan has been working hard to create a structured day-to-day operation while also starting our international expansion. He could definitely use some help to keep things rollin' (and go beyond!), which is why we are looking for a partner-in-crime. A so called Business Developer. Let us zoom in on what that means.
The fun of working at LessonUp
As a data-driven company and a fast growing Edtech scale-up we have a lot of numbers and projects to look into and handle. Together with Daan, you will be the main person to make sure that projects are set up, kick-started, and managed. These projects could entail (new) business models, innovative ideas or ways of working that have to be developed and implemented across all the LessonUp teams. You are at your best to set things in motion after the creative/idea process and work data-driven.
To be able to achieve all this, you have some pretty strong skills to backup your goals;
- You are a great project lead: you don't just "do" projects, you own them. You make sure that the job gets done and take full ownership to making a project as successful as possible.
- Analytical & storytelling skills: you know how to get and to interpret the numbers. And you can also turn them into a solid business case including a well-defined story understandable for different stakeholders.
- Communication skills: you know exactly how to work with different stakeholders within the company. You know how to convince people, to let them join you into the project or change, and know how to facilitate this process. You lead the way and work together.
We assume our ideal new colleague looks a bit like this:
- 2+ years of experience in a comparable role, or in a business consultancy role;
- You've finished a business study like BIM (Master is a plus);
- You are a big fan of data, data analyses and know how to translate that into business decisions;
- Your understand how to work in a KPI-driven environment;
- People really like you and want to be a part of the ideas you promote. You are a good listener and persuasive in your communication at the same time. The perfect combination to make things happen.
What we offer you
+ A great role where you can learn a lot, directly reporting and working alongside our COO Daan Giesen.
+ Your own personal development plan, guided by our People & Culture team.
+ The future opportunity to buy your own shares in the company.
+ Good gear to work with - just let us know what you like.
+ Retirement savings with Brand New Day.
+ A great (easy to reach) place to work and flexibility to work remote.
+ Endless growth opportunities - the team is still small, which means a lot is possible!
+ When in the office: a great lunch, free drinks & snacks.
+ Beach parties, roof terrace drinks, lots of "gezelligheid".
Want to meet our team? Learn more about our mission?
Please feel free to contact our Head of People Kelly via e-email (firstname.lastname@example.org) Whatsapp (+316 50 60 57 63).
P.s. this contact information is not for recruiters, we prefer to look for our colleagues with our own forces. :)