Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, Den HaagData & Analytics
At LessonUp we want to help teachers to create the best and most engaging lessons possible, to keep their students involved. Our goal is to help out as many as 1 million teachers worldwide, and to improve education by doing so. For this, we've created our easy to use platform where you can make interactive, present-day classes to share with their students. Together, teachers and team LessonUp created thousands of lessons, video’s, images and assignments to work with. And the cool part: this can be used in-class or remote! An easy and fun way to teach - just like it should be.
The fun of working at LessonUp
We want to make sure that every teacher has the right tools to become the best digital teacher they can be, so that every student gets the best, engaging and personalised lessons made by empowered teachers. The large amount of daily active teachers and students deliver us a large amount of real time and stored data. We are building out a serious data processing architecture to continuously improve the teacher’s and student's experience.
That’s where you come in. We want you to be in the lead of our data architecture. As our Data Engineer you will both develop, gather, structure, validate and analyse our user data to make business decisions, together with our COO and our marketing/data team.
- Implementing and maintaining custom ETL scripts and data pipelines;
- Help implement data governance and data discoverability;
- Developing and describing data models and setting them up in the BI tool;
- Apply data modelling methodologies and contribute to a robust data platform;
- Working closely together with our COO Daan Giesen.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- 4+ years of experience in a similar job;
- Excellent SQL skills, ability to create and optimise scripts of the highest complexity, large datasets processing experience is a plus;
- Experience with working in BigQuery and Metabase;
- Strong understanding of data models and data warehouses in general;
- Fluent in English.
Our Tech stack
LessonUp works on a Kubernetes cluster in Google Cloud.
> Typescript > MongoDB > ElasticSearch > Meteor
What we offer you
+ An annual salary between 52K-72K;
+ A competitive salary and if needed, a VISA sponsorship
+ The opportunity to buy your own shares in the company.
+ Good gear to work with - just let us know what you like.
+ Your own personal development plan: spend a couple of hours a week on your personal growth goals.
+ Endless growth opportunities - the team is still small, which means a lot is possible!+ Retirement savings with Brand New Day.
+ A great (easy to reach) place to work and flexibility to work remote.
+ Endless growth opportunities - the team is still small, which means a lot is possible!
+ When in the office: a great lunch, free drinks & snacks.
+ Beach parties, drinks, season closing parties. When we go "gezellig", we do it well. ;)
Want to meet our team? Learn more about our mission?
Please feel free to contact our Head of People Kelly via e-email (email@example.com) Whatsapp (+316 50 60 57 63).
P.S. this contact information is not for recruiters, we prefer to look for our colleagues with our own forces. :)